CAST Kurt: long-term reliever-turned starting pitcher Lorenzo: middle-relief pitcher Jason: bullpen coach Robert: 8th inning/setup pitcher Bryan: closer Eli: left-handed specialist Manny: Team coach Harry: "Hot dog guy" Jason: Kurt, you did awesome out there! Kurt: Yeah, I didn't think I'd be able to pitch a full game but I did. Jason: They should've made you a starter earlier. Robert: So now that you actually have value on this team, can you do us all a favor? Kurt: Yeah, what? Robert: No just hypothetically, can you do us all a favor? Kurt: I said yeah. Eli: Get us a new bullpen. Kurt: I can't do that! Eli: You said you can do us all a favor. Kurt: Something realistic of course! And I'm not exactly sure either. Lorenzo: I'll settle for one of those bullpens where they warm up on the field. Kurt: That's not a bullpen. Lorenzo: And I'll settle for that. Just as long as we can bring our bench with us. Kurt: That's not happening. Bryan: How about this: you go up to that manager and tell him the bullpen needs a snack bar. Kurt: I think that's actually possible. Jason: So what should we ask for? We all know Lorenzo wants multiple colors of cotton candy. Lorenzo: Nah, I'm over cotton candy. Jason: We all know you're not. So cotton candy, some chocolate-based things, popcorn, whatever else they sell here. Kurt: Hot dogs? Jason: Do they sell those here? Kurt: Obviously. Jason: Let's hire our own hot dog guy. Lorenzo: And get chicken wings too! Kurt: I think this is something you should take up with management. I'm still the new guy. Jason: Fine. [Long pause] Eli: Are you going to call him? Jason: I'll just wait for tomorrow's game when they make a call to the bullpen. Eli: They're not going to do that. Kurt: Actually they did say I might go in for an inning or two. Jason: Perfect! [One day goes by, it is now the 7th inning of the next game. The phone rings.] Lorenzo: Bullpen, Lorenzo speaking! Manny: Get Kurt warming up. Lorenzo: Can we get a snack bar? Manny: Whatever. Lorenzo: And a hot dog guy? Manny: If it keeps you quiet. [Hangs up.] Lorenzo: We're getting a snack bar everyone! Jason: When? Lorenzo: Don't know. [Another day goes by. The players walk into the bullpen together in the 5th inning of the following game, figuring they won't be needed.] Bryan: Look, our snack bar! Harry: Hey I'm Harry, who wants a hot dog? Lorenzo: We have a hot dog guy too! Harry: Yeah, I just get laid off from my job at a restaurant so I've got nothing better to do. Lorenzo: Give me a hot dog. [Lorenzo gets a hot dog and quickly eats it.] This is amazing! You need to work at a restaurant again! Harry: Right? Lorenzo: I'm thinking of starting one up soon. We were just gonna do vanilla ice cream but we can expand to hot dogs. And hot dog ice cream too! Bryan: Hot dog ice cream sounds disgusting. Lorenzo: It's actually really good. Robert: You've had it? Lorenzo: Who hasn't? Robert: Me, for one. Bryan: Make that two. Eli: Three. Jason: Five. Kurt: Five. Jason, you're four. Harry: Six. Bryan: Maybe the games will go by quicker now that we have our own snack bar. Kurt: Look everyone, we're on that big screen in the outfield again. Harry: Is that why you're crowd's laughing? Lorenzo: Probably. We're used to it by now. So is the cotton candy good here? Kurt: I'm gonna start warming up in case I go in the game again today. Jason: If you insist. Kurt: Does anyone even care about my career advancement? Jason: Of course! Look how far it's gotten us! Lorenzo: I got us the snack bar. Jason: Yeah but they're doing anything to try to keep Kurt content. Kurt: I could get used to this.
0 Yorumlar