Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Drapes and Books

Oh! And carpets too.

Firstly, the dreaded allergy season is upon us and of course I have a sinus infection.  So I'm coughing, with a sore throat, and uh, no, they don't want me at work.  I hoped it would be better after a doctor visit but they didn't let me to into the doctor's office.

So no steroid shot but I got a prescription and told that if I have three days without a fever I can go back to work.  Problem is its been three days and I still feel awful.  I don't nap, once I'm awake I'm staying away until it's time for bed.  But I've been falling asleep in the afternoon.  So I think I'm sick.  Blech.  Husband is also sick.  We're a cheerful bunch.

Thankfully minis don't care if I cough all over them or take forever to accomplish something.  I went and found my carpets I had stashed.  I'd ordered a couple more from Green Gypsies on Etsy.  Actually most of my carpets from them them I think.

Here's the one that I had in my stash.  I like it but it's too big.


I'd ordered this recently, and I like the colors.


I like that you can see the floor with it more.  So I thought of adding another smaller rug.  Then I messed around with positioning.





See what I mean?  I haven't made any final decisions, I want to get the drapes in and the furniture before I finalize the rugs.

I needed more books so I made some more of them.  I think I'll have enough.


The poem talks about the fellow reading a volume of forgotten lore in an attempt to distract himself from the death of Lenore.  So I dug through my old stationary for some little rub on images.


So I have a good start on my volume of forgotten lore.

Some of my liquor decanters dried so I added the stoppers.  The red wine looks good and I like the absinthe too.



You remember how I didn't like the handle of the coal scuttle?


I found a solution.

I cut down a toothpick and drilled into the ends, stained it and then used wire through more of the jewelry findings I have for feet.  A long brassy bead on either side and it looks much better to me.


But the main focus of the weekend was the drapes.  This was my inspiration picture.


But I didn't want a lot of white or fringe... I want moody and gothic.

You know I started on the sheers last weekend.  This weekend I started out by drawing a general idea of what I wanted.


I had purple satin that I worried would be too bright.  But I was lucky. My mixture of water and white glue darkened it up pretty well.


I'm using Casey's board and pin method to shape the festoons and drapes.

It takes a while for them to dry but that's okay.  We've already established that I'm not moving too quickly this weekend.  The satin still gets a nice gleam to it when the light hits.  But still dark and moody.


I want them to puddle on the ground by the windows so they're longer than they should be.  But I remembered the right order and glued them into the cornices.


A little adjusting still.  But so far not bad.  So I tested them out in the room.


I'm pretty happy with how they look.  I've got the set for the fake window behind the desk done and the single window drapes are still drying.

I need to finalize my color for the chaise, a little undecided on that but I've got some ideas.

I hope everyone else is doing well health-wise.  Have a great week!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar