Lately I've really enjoyed cooking. It's not just the food, but the process. Also, I really enjoy eating so that's a bonus. Cool weather always sends me to the stove but this year there is something in addition to that. I'm just so very satisfied by it. Be warned, there will be a lot of food posts in our future.
Today I want to share my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. If you call it bread you can eat it for breakfast. If you call it Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake, not so much. I was all ready to publish this post when I realized how remiss I was in not taking a photograph of an actual slice of cake, err, I mean bread. And even though it was only 8:30 am, because I call it bread it was totally acceptable to cut myself a slice to "share" with you
And since I can't really share a slice with you, as much I want to, I can share the recipe.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
4 eggs, beaten
1 c oil
1/2 c cold water
3 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
Combine the pumpkin eggs, oil, water and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Put into 2 large loaf pans and bake at 350° for 1 hour. You can also put into small loaf pans and they take about 45 mins. I like to bake 1 large loaf (for us) and 2 small loaves (for sharing).

0 Yorumlar