Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frugal Happenings 12/4

It's beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas!!!   Oh baby, it's getting cold outside.  It will be highs in the 40's for the next couple days - but by the end of the week our highs are supposed to be in the 20's!!  YIKES
I really dislike cold, cold weather.  I guess it has come with getting older.

We have only seen peeks of sunshine this week.  It has been so cloudy and overcast.  I think I could handle the weather better if there was sun - I really do NEED sunshine!  I feel sunshine is essential for my sanity!

My frugal week:
  • I made a pot of 'turkey' gumbo soup (and tossed in leftover green beans)
  • I made up 10 jars of mixed beans for gift giving
  • I went to Dollar Tree and got lots of 'stocking/basket'  stuffers
  • Found lot's of great deals for the young-ins I buy for.  Took advantage of sales.
  • No groceries bought this week
  • I got the few decorations up, that I will be doing this year. (Just not into it).
  • Door decorations up
  • Got my Christmas cards out and have started working on them (all bought for .50 a box last year)
  • Received a bag of turnips from my brother yesterday.  We love them raw!  I am going to try frying like potatoes too. (his recommendation)
  • Received another $10/$40 coupon from Aldi on todays paper.  Good till the 17th!
  • Worked on my health insurance this week.  My company is not offering in 2017.  Finally signed and got a new policy.  Not everything I wanted - but it will cover major problems (God forbid) and I will be saving $200 a month from what I have now!!!!!!  All in all I am pleased!
  • I have been working on getting gift baskets together
  • Still using tomatoes from our garden for fresh salads - they are slowly ripening!

Meals this week:
Turkey gumbo soup (2X)
Open faced cheeseburgers and salad
Made a batch of faux crab/pasta salad with fresh veggies (yum)
Fried chicken and leftovers
Leftover night
'Pizza' casserole (like baked spaghetti only with pizza toppings)

It has been a fairly quiet week.  I am slowly trying to get things ready for Christmas.  I will have to start baking in a week or so.  I don't like to start too early.
3 more weeks till Christmas!!!!!!!

What have you all been up to this week?  Has anyone gotten any great deals or done anything fun?
I pray you all have a glorious week.  Stay safe and healthy my friends.

Blessings!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar