So after I posted my pictures of the aged/crackled walls of the house I got a bunch of responses saying how cool it looked and how excited they were to see the house coming along.
I'm excited too, so it's nice to be in good company you know?
And then Jodi asked if I would post a drawing so everyone could see what I was working towards and how this (hopefully) would all turn out.
Drawings? Uhh...
Crickets...
I would like to say that I normally work with a computer program to get an idea of what I want to do with the kit/contest. I work on a floorplan and by the time I start... Well I know where I'm going but the plan is flexible.
However... since this was the first time anyone had ever requested something from me I figured I'd give it a try. So I busted out my graph paper and started to draw.
By the way this activity is best attempted when your system is relatively free of caffeine.
And if you're me and can't draw a straight line if your life depended on it, a ruler is also handy.
I will add the disclaimer that I am not an architect and have zero to no skill in drawing three dimensions. I tried but that porch roof... yeah... you'll see.
The only thing I know about architectural drawing is that when you draw the outside of the house it's called 'elevation'. So this is the front elevation of NOLA House.
And here's a closer shot of the balcony.
I've got everything for the balcony except some fancy filigree trim to go along the roofline.
The trick is going to be getting the inside of the wall trimmed and papered before adding the balcony. The last thing I want is to goof something up because I was pressing on the wall too hard.
I'll try to work on the floor plans next.
Curious to hear what you think.

0 Yorumlar