Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Photo Art Friday - Wk. 5 Matilde

Hello and Welcome! - It's always a pleasure to have you pop in and see what is happening here on my blog.  What's exciting is that it's time for, Photo Art Friday over on Bonnie's Blog (Pixel Dust Photo Art)

Here is my piece for this week:
You will be surprised (I think) when you see the before shot of what this actually is.

I edited my photo on Picnik
Sadly I forgot to write down what things I did to the photo so I'm trying to go from memory.
I know I used the Neon feature, and the Posterize feature and also added the textured background.  I may have used (Boost) as well but I'm not totally sure.

So here is the "Before" photo:
This in itself is a piece of "Art" - This statue is one of many here in Walla Walla where I live.  I took several shots of this piece and will share those at a later date.

Here is a brief bit of information about this statue:


Matilde On Her Way To The Market by Nano Lopez catches folks attention from the front lawn of the Walla Walla, Washington, Public Library. When she was first unveiled in 2003, there were mixed reactions to her from the locals. Some thought she was just fine, others wondered who in their right mind would call her art.


When the library went into a period of renovation, Matilde had to be moved and folks began to wonder where she went. She's back, still generating comments and quizzical looks and rating high on the number of folk who just have to have their picture taken with her.
Name: Matilde On Her Way To The Market
Figure Type: Animal
Artist Name: Nano Lopez
Date created or placed: 2003
Materials used: Bronze
Location: Walla Walla Public Library

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar