Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The upside down kitchen

I finally made it out for a good walk this morning.  I had been feeling too weak from the retinal specialist visit to walk at all on Tuesday and got in just the smallest of walks yesterday. 

So... I told my body it had to move today (I listen to it when it cannot move... not so much when it does not want to move).

I walked for an hour, finishing both sections of the walking trail. Considering the last thing I wanted to do was get off the sofa this morning, that was very good.

However, upon returning home, my feelings of self satisfaction were soon overwhelmed with unbelief as many of the contents of my kitchen now sat in my living room.

I knew my husband had planned to mop the kitchen floor while I was gone but I had no idea he would decide to remove furniture!

Poor Victoria, she was so confused she fell from the coffee table into a brown paper grocery bag and I had to help her out of it... trying not to have her hear the snickering behind her furry back.  That's what she gets for snooping.

Anyway, the various movable parts of my kitchen were not put back together until after dinner.  I was ready to put a paper sack over my head by that time.

But the floor is cleaned... and the lawn is mowed and the last section of the veggie garden rows are prepared for mulch... the other items on his "to do" list which were "to be done" before finishing the kitchen.

Tomorrow promises to be a quiet day... hopefully... prayerfully.  I need a quiet day.  There is wedding stuff to do, cupcakes to bake for the freezer, and cake decorating to practice.  All three of which need a quiet day at home.

Oh, and I promised a pumpkin pie to my lawn and garden guy for a belated birthday gift.  Christopher took him out to lunch on his birthday (and me, too).   We both love when our children feed us. That is proof of love you know, when they feed us.

Stephanie... bring chocolate.  :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar