While I missed posting on the official National Book Lovers Day last week, I decided it was high time to do a post just devoted to books.
What I finished:
Here to Stay by Mark Edwards
This is an excellent psychological thriller about a man who gets married, and shortly after the honeymoon, his in laws come for what he is originally told would be a visit of a couple of weeks. Soon, however, it becomes clear that there is something strange about his in laws and they have no intention of leaving. This book a creepy page-turner that makes me grateful for my own problems. Thanks again, to Billie Jo, over at Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea for the recommendation and the book.
What I am currently reading:
Moroni's Guide to Surviving Turbulent Times by John Bytheway
I started reading this religious book after I read Here to Stay every night, because Here to Stay was so suspenseful and creepy that I needed something more peaceful to think about right before bed. This book, Moroni's Guide to Surviving Turbulent Times, gives illustrations from the scriptures about how we can survive trials and tough times. You can see from all the colored tabs sticking out of the top of the book in the picture, that I am finding plenty in this little book that strikes a chord with me. I have less than 100 pages left in this book and plan to have it finished by the end of the week.
I am also reading a non-fiction political book, about the upcoming election, the title of which I won't disclose, since I don't want make this blog political. Let's just say that I am a bit of a news and political junkie (following and talking politics was always a big thing in the house I was raised in - especially for my dad) and I have been reading about both sides of the upcoming election, because I have friends and family on both ends of the political spectrum and I want to try and see things from their perspectives.
What I am planning to read next:
I have these three books on deck for my next reads, although I am not sure in what order I will read them. Garlic and Sapphires is a book my daughter read and liked a lot. City of Endless Night is a book my husband recommended. He loves Preston and Child books. Moon Over Manifest is the book one of my book clubs has chosen for our next read. I have heard good things about it. I am excited to dive into these books soon.




0 Yorumlar