Is this Overwatch? No? Then E3 2016 gets a 0 out of 10. Would not watch again.
All right, seriously, though? I have to start by being honest: I didn’t really care about E3 this year. In the weeks and months leading up to it, I was basically ambivalent; I couldn’t summon up the will to care too much about it, knowing that A) all the information I needed would be plastered online in days’ time, and B) getting invested in E3 meant sitting through more press conferences. More played-out buzzwords. More non-indicative trailers. More promises of glory that would fail to deliver. More chomping at the bit to get past the stuff I don’t care about. More cringe by the barge-load. The only positive point, ostensibly, would be the annual showcase of Cuphead footage -- which to be fair almost justifies the whole expo.
So as much as it strains my credibility, I have to admit that I’m writing this E3 post while skipping out on a majority of the conferences. Maybe I’ll go back and watch stuff eventually; I’ve seen a supercut already, but there’s more to digest. And I will, especially if the Super Best Friends put up their reactions (and I’d assume that’s available via some Twitch stream archives). But for now? I want to do something different besides run down the major conferences and companies. I want to take time out to talk about E3 -- and in particular, a topic that’s been occupying my brain space for the past month:
Is E3 basically The Apology Expo?


0 Yorumlar