Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jodhaa Akbar (2008)

Directed by: Ashutosh Gowarikar
Music: AR Rehman
Lyrics: Javed Akhtar, Kashif
Starring: Aiswarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan, Sonu Sood, 
Nikitin Dheer, Raza Murad, Ila Arun, 
Kulbhushan Kharbanda, 
Suhasini Mulay, Poonam Sinha
I love period films. Which is why, when my friends wanted to watch Bajirao Mastani the week before last, I went along. It is after the film that R, one of my friends, insisted that Bajirao Mastani was but a poor imitation of Jodhaa Akbar. I remember having liked Jodhaa Akbar very much when I first watched it, historical inaccuracies notwithstanding, but for some reason, could recall only specific scenes, not the film as a whole. The next day, R sent me a message asking if I had the DVD of Jodhaa Akbar. Her daughter, interested in viewing the film, but needing sub-titles, decided to stream it from a site which infected her computer. I couldn't remember whether I did or not, so I went searching, and it was a surprise to find the DVD, unopened, still wrapped in cellophane. Obviously, I hadn't watched the film again, even though I had picked up the DVD some years ago. So, in preparation for R's daughter picking up the DVD before she went back to college, I removed the cellophane wrapping and got it 'ready'. And there it sat, tempting me amidst my work to watch it again. So I did the best thing I could - I gave in. Why not? After all, I had several hours to kill each week, while waiting around for my son at his various activities. 
Read more »

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar